Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Eating healthy doesn't mean that you have to give up your favorite things. I have a small addiction to all things 'chocolate' and needed to come up with a healthier way to satisfy my cravings.


Keeping healthy in mind, I came up with this recipe for a 'Chocolate Banana Smoothie'. 


It is creamy, delicious and still manages to be good for you.


You will need a blender to make this recipe. I recently bought the Ninja Mega Complete Kitchen System and I must say that I really love this thing...no affiliation-just a satisfied customer! It has power galore and has been able to handle anything that I have thrown at it so far.


Now, onto the recipe....

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Makes 1 Serving

1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 frozen Banana 
10-15 Raw Organic Hazelnuts
1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup (optional)

- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Add ice for a thicker smoothie and blend.



We all have our weaknesses and chocolate is definitely one of mine. This drink hits the spot whenever I am having one of 'those moments'.



Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. This receipe looks just delicious! I've got bananas on my grocery list and I'll be trying this smoothie soon - Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I think I'll add some of those ingredients to my protein shake on tomorrow. I love my ninja too! Thanks so much for sharing on Worthwhile Wednesdays!
    ~Allie @ http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMmmm, that looks delicious, Suzanne! Chocolate and banana are two of my favourite combinations. Going to slip this one into my regular rotation of smoothies. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, I want this for breakfast right now- love almond milk. And I looove that awesome blender! ;) It looks so professional! :)

    I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sounds really good, I LOVE chocolate and banana! Will definitely have to add that to my list for this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top